Wednesday May 9, 2018 5:30 pm
Gifted & Talented and Scholarship Information Evening – Discussion covers from Kindergarten to Year 10.
Noone Peaks at Seven!
St Andrew’s is committed to supporting all students across a range of learning abilities. Our aim is to ensure all students have equal opportunities to learn and experience success in learning. Our Gifted and Talented Education Program is a challenging program designed to target students whose academic learning needs differ significantly enough to warrant a differentiated approach to learning.
Our annual Gifted & Talented and Scholarship Information Evening on Wednesday 9 May provides information and resources for parents of children who may fall into this category of learner. I extend an invitation to you, or someone you might know, to come along and find out more about how to support these unique learners.
This year’s very special Guest Speaker is Dr Gabrielle Oslington, G&T Specialist, Arden speaking on the topic No one Peaks at Seven!, with an emphasis on lessons learnt from both sides of the teacher’s desk in the context of a developmental understanding of giftedness.
Following Dr Oslington’s presentation, our Head of Junior School Mrs Rhonda Robson will chair a panel discussion with specialist learning development staff on how St Andrew’s approaches this area of special education. The panel will also discuss academic and music scholarship opportunities at St Andrew’s.
The discussion will cover students from Kindergarten to Year 10.
Parents and educators from all schools are welcome to attend this information evening.
Gifted & Talented and Scholarship Information Evening
Wednesday 29 March, 5.30pm
St Andrew’s Cathedral School
St Andrew’s Cathedral House
Sydney Square, Sydney
Parking available at Wilsons Parking underneath the school – entry via 464 Kent Street, Sydney. Flat rate of $12.00 if entering after 5.00pm.
Tuesday May 29, 2018 5:30 pm
Join us for our annual Explore Year 7, a fun and interactive evening for the whole family featuring key staff presentations, workshops and specialty information booths.
Evening program includes:
• Key staff presentations by our Head of School Dr John Collier and Head of Middle School Mr John Partington, discussing Year 7 transition, the IB Middle Years Programme, making friends, navigating social media, homework and developing independent learners
• The opportunity to meet our Middle School teachers and hear from our current students about school life at SACS
• The chance to experience high school in the city! You will tour our Middle School campus, visit classrooms and take part in taster classes and interactive workshops in:
o Technology – discover how we make the most of technology for learning, including Virtual Reality technology;
o Music – join our interactive lessons that connect diverse talents and varied abilities;
o Drama – with industry professionals and Theatresports coach;
• Specialty information booths, where you can have all your questions answered. Speak directly with specialist staff about our gifted academic program, learning support, sport (sport at a city school? Sure!), co-curricular activities, overseas tours, scholarships and more;
• SACS Community stand, where you can get an insider’s view on SACS life by chatting with current parents and former students (Old Andreans).
Food and entertainment will be provided on our fabulous rooftop playground.
It is anticipated that evening will conclude by 8.00pm
We look forward to welcoming you and your family on the evening!Register now