Tuesday 29 May, 2018 5:30pm
Join us for our annual Explore Year 7 event, a fun and interactive evening for the whole family featuring key staff presentations, workshops and specialty information booths.
Evening program includes:
- Key staff presentations by our Head of School Dr John Collier and Head of Middle School Mr John Partington, discussing Year 7 transition, the IB Middle Years Programme, making friends, navigating social media, homework and developing independent learners
- The opportunity to meet our Middle School teachers and hear from our current students about school life at SACS
- The chance to experience high school in the city! You will tour our Middle School campus, visit classrooms and take part in taster classes and interactive workshops in:
- Technology – discover how we make the most of technology for learning, including Virtual Reality technology;
- Music – join our interactive lessons that connect diverse talents and varied abilities;
- Drama – with industry professionals and Theatresports coach;
- Specialty information booths, where you can have all your questions answered. Speak directly with specialist staff about our gifted academic program, learning support, sport (sport at a city school? Sure!), co-curricular activities, overseas tours, scholarships and more;
- SACS Community stand, where you can get an insider’s view on SACS life by chatting with current parents and former students (Old Andreans).
Food and entertainment will be provided on our fabulous rooftop playground.
The evening should conclude by 8pm
We look forward to welcoming you and your family on the evening!