Saturday 17 March 2018
Join the Association of Parents and Friends and the Outdoor Education Department Staff at Kirrikee Picnic Day.
|Directions to Kirrikee can be found by clicking here.|
Challenge yourself or someone else to the high ropes course at this great day out! There are many activities including abseiling, billy carting, mountain biking, biathlon and laser rifle shooting. A delicious hot lunch is provided by the Penrose Rural Fire Service. All funds raised from Kirrikee Picnic Day will be donated to Penrose Rural Fire Service who keep Kirrikee and the surrounding community safe throughout the year. We have Gianni and his coffee cart there all day so there’s good coffee, tea and hot chocolate available.
Enjoy the day and stay the night at Kirrikee! Our wonderful Kirrikee Outdoor Education team will be running the activities throughout the day, ably assisted by SACS parent volunteers.
Key events on the day:
- 10.30am – morning tea provided
- 11.30am – tour of Kirrikee, meet at the Longhouse
- 12-1pm – lunch is provided
- 1.30pm – mountain bike race
Adult $25 | Child $15 | Family $65 (up to 4 people) | $15 per additional family member
Includes: morning tea, lunch and all activities.
Saturday Overnight Stay
Adult $55 | Child $30 | Family $140 (up to 4 people) | $20 per additional family member
Includes: morning tea, lunch and all day picnic activities, camp site, dinner and cooked breakfast.
3-person with self-inflating mats $25 | 2 person with camp beds $25
Kirrikee is located in the Southern Highlands, 1.5 hours from Sydney’s CBD (directions will be provided when you purchase your tickets).
What to bring:
- Sense of fun and energy to try new things and explore
- An appetite for lunch (prepared by the Penrose RFS)
- Picnic rug (or chairs if you like a touch more comfort)
- Hats, sunscreen
- Bikes (if you are planning to test out the mountain bike track or do the race)
- Swimmers and towel if you plan to have a go at the log rolling or a swim in the dam
- For those staying overnight, pack something warm as it can get cool at night.