5pm – 5.45pm Wednesday 13 October, 2021
Online event for prospective Junior School parents
Discover what quality literacy looks like and how explicit approaches to teaching phonics and spelling can boost your child’s confidence and love of learning. This seminar has a particular focus on the teaching of Kindergarten to Year 3 students.
Our panel of expert speakers will share details on:
- The importance of developing an extensive vocabulary and steps to success
- Our explicit approach to teaching phonics, spelling and reading
- The benefit of research-based approaches to the teaching of writing
- Our well-above average NAPLAN results for all aspects of literacy
Our Junior School students have access to an incredible range of opportunities, all geared to the individual learner to ensure they are improving every day.
Our expert panel of speakers include:
- Dr Julie McGonigle, Incoming Principal (2022)
- Rhonda Robson, Deputy Head of School (Primary) / Director of Primary Education
- Kath Groves, Junior School Literacy Co-ordinator
- Cathy Dangar, Specialised Learning/Analytics Coordinator
- Moderator – Selwyn Wu, Deputy Head of School (Primary)
Please reserve your place on the drop-down booking menu below. A link to the online event will be sent to all registered participants on 12 October.