Parent Convenors 2018
What is a Convenor?
The concept of the Convenor was established in 1999 to generate closer communication between parents in each respective year, and to build closer communication with the school.
The convenors at St Andrew’s Cathedral School (SACS) play a vital role in providing opportunities for parents to meet, develop friendships and link with other families in their year group. As a city centre school, parents and families are located over 220 suburbs. Our Convenors help foster a greater sense of community.
It is a great way to be part of the community, meet new friends and enjoy your time at SACS. Convenors make a huge difference to everyone’s school experience. Convenors and P&F Volunteers report that it is a thoroughly rewarding experience and one that creates life-long friendships with other families. These parents are literally the “glue” that holds our community together. We look towards building on the existing culture that our parents have created, which is founded on enthusiasm, openness, warmth and friendship.
Convenors are the backbone of the P&F’s friend raising and fundraising activities. As such their role includes:
- Infants – JS Grandparents Day 8 June
- Years 3 and 4 – JS and Gawura’s Spring Breakfast (Father’s Day) 7 September
- Year 5 – JS and Gawura’s Autumn Breakfast (Mother’s Day) 11 May
- Year 6 – Year 6 graduation (this is not a P&F event, but it is supported by Year 6 parents and convenors) 23 November
- Year 7 – SS Grandparent’s Day 15 June
- Year 8 – Kirrikee Picnic Day 17 March
- Year 9 – SS Spring Breakfast (Father’s Day) 14 September
- Year 10 – SS Autumn Breakfast (Mother’s Day) 4 May
Who can be a Convenor?
Any parents at SACS. We encourage two to three for each year group Years 7–12; and each class in K–6.
What does a Convenor do?
Convenors work together to:
- welcome families in your class or year group
- enable parents in your cohort to get to know each other
- arrange simple and fun social / connecting occasions
- enhance communication between parents, the P&F, and the school
- support P&F friend-raising and fund-raising activities
- attend P&F meetings whenever possible
How can I become a Convenor?
Please email the following details to eventsP&[email protected]
- First and Last name
- Preferred email address
- Class or Year group that you would like to represent
Please note by agreeing to be a convenor, you are giving permission for your email address to be sent to other convenors for the purpose of coordinating with your Year group, and for your name to be added to the Convenors page on the SACS website.
How will I contact the Convenor for my year group or class?
Once year convenors have volunteered for 2018, we will put a full list on this webpage and their contact details will be available through the parent portal. If you have any questions or difficulty, please email the P&F at eventsP&[email protected] or Lyn Jarvis, Director of Community Relations at [email protected].
Parent Convenors for 2018
Contact details for Convenors can be found through the Parent Portal.
- Rebecca Tomkins
- Cathy Perkins
- Ji Hee Yeung
- Corey Lelean
- John Lopes
- Tanya Collins
- Lisa Liber
- Celia Manins
- Deborah Trott
- Sally Johnstone
- Annie Hensley
- Renee Bennett
- Annie Hensley
- Sally Johnstone
- Jane Randall
- Felicity Hall
- Sofie Sullivan
- Helen Jones
- Rachel Raschke
- Rhondda Shaw
- Samantha Sandford
- Annette Cragg
- Kirstine Robinson
- Sally Sternecker
- Grace Susanto
- Eric Johnson
- Daryl Charles
- Kathryn Wicks
- Athena Chintis
- Petula Martin