Working at SACS
Working at St Andrew’s Cathedral School means you will be joining a highly motivated, passionate and experienced team of teachers and support staff who are known for their inclusivity, expertise and dedication to educational innovation.
With more than 170 teaching staff and 50 administration and support staff, St Andrew’s is a place where careers are forged, nurtured and enhanced.
Why choose St Andrew’s?
St Andrew’s is the perfect environment to build a career in teaching or administration. The school has a busy professional development schedule for its teaching staff and is keen to see staff undertake additional training while gaining a wealth of experience on the job.
We are known for fostering inimitable student-teacher relationships, grounded in positivity and a network of support. Our teachers go the extra mile for students, including offering classes outside of their timetable, and are usually highly involved in co-curricular activities.
Learning technology is at the heart of our classrooms, with laptops and iPads used in the daily lessons of students. Our city location also provides endless opportunities to expose students to innovative educational opportunities not available in other schools.
supportive staff environment encourages innovation
St Andrew’s values the contribution of its staff and encourages innovation. Many of our staff are leaders in their field and have successfully introduced new programs that enhance the level of engagement of all students.
In 2018, the Deputy Head of School and the Director of Specialised Learning were recognised with top awards for their ‘breakthrough approaches to individualised learning’ by the Australian College of Educators. Read more about their innovative programs here.
The benefits of working at SACS are numerous. There are weekly professional development sessions and many financial benefits such as salary sacrificing and packaging, along with discounted school fees for children of permanent staff.
St Andrew’s has a diverse range of facilities available for staff to use, including our Outdoor Education facility, Kirrikee, located in the Southern Highlands (which can be hired at low cost for holiday accommodation) and a fully equipped weights and gym room. Our Fitness Supervisor is able to design a personal fitness program for staff members.
Below is a complete list of staff benefits offered at SACS:
- Staff mentoring and buddy system for new staff
- School fees reduction for children of permanent staff
- Collaborative Learning Inquiry Teams
- Professional Development seminars – weekly during term
- Performance reviews for teaching and administrative staff
- Accreditation support
- Annual staff research scholarships
- Leadership opportunities through mentoring and coaching programs
- Invitations to attend regular seminars and keynote addresses by leading educators and other relevant speakers
- Post-graduate study support
- Health and wellbeing program – healthy activities and events are offered during term-time
- Pilates core strength classes weekly
- Free access to school gym/weights room
- School-provided laptop/iPad
- IT support provided by ICT Teaching and Learning Integrators
- Free ’flu vaccinations
- Superannuation and financial planning seminars
- Staff awards and recognition celebrating staff who have served the school for significant periods of time. (Recognition certificate and gift presented at Prizegiving Night and a dinner hosted by the Head of School)
- End of term social function, hosted by the Head of School
- Salary packaging
- Voluntary superannuation contributions
- Choice of superannuation fund (nominated by the staff member)
- Access to use the school’s outdoor education property in the Southern Highlands – Kirrikee – for a reduced fee
- Access to School Library resources (print/DVDs).
View our staff in action
We recently created three staff videos that explore the work culture at SACS. To view them, click the links below and above:
Professional learning opportunities: