A team of specialist educators support our teachers in the classroom, as well as through withdrawal groups, to cater for the learning needs of students who require additional support, particularly to improve literacy and numeracy skills.
In the Junior School we have onsite occupational therapists and speech therapists.
Learning Support staff work closely with our school psychologists and Head of Careers and Pathways as well as with outside professionals to cater for the individual needs of students.
Services provided by Specialised Learning teams across the School may include:
- In-class support
- Diagnostic screener
- The development of Individual Adjustment plans (IAP’s)
- Targeted intervention plans
- Parent information sessions
- Professional development sessions to enhance teacher skills and understanding
- Assistance with the modification of curriculum and assessment
- Learning transition programmes
- Collaborative planning and liaising with teachers, students, parents and outside professionals
- Disability Provisions Applications for the Higher School Certificate and International Baccalaureate
- Collection of data to access Commonwealth funding (NCCDSWD)