Parents & Friends
St Andrew’s Cathedral School Parents and Friends
The SACS Association of Parents and Friends (P&F) is a vibrant group of parents and guardians who are committed to building a strong school community, and to raising additional funds to support our school and students. The P&F hold a number of community (friend-raising) and fundraising events throughout the year including Grandparents’ Days, Spring and Autumn Breakfasts, a picnic at Kirrikee and the SACS Fine Wine and Food Show.
Events for the whole school
The P&F organises a number of fun events during the school year. We have a very busy calendar for 2018, with a number of community and fundraising events. (Please check the website and P&F newsletter throughout the year for more detailed event information).
- 29 Jan – Welcome in the Square – K, Yr 7, Y12
- 30 Jan – Welcome in the Square – Years 1-6, 8-11
- 19 Feb – Junior School and Gawura Swimming Carnival
- 20 Feb – P&F General Meeting (Wine and Cheese Night)
- 21 Feb – Secondary Swimming Carnival
- 13 Mar – P&F General Meeting
- 17 Mar – Kirrikee Picnic Day
- 4 May – Secondary Autumn Breakfast
- 11 May – Junior School and Gawura Autumn Breakfast
- 15 May – P&F General Meeting
- 8 Jun – Junior School and Gawura Grandparents’ Day
- 12 Jun – P&F General Meeting
- 15 Jun – Secondary Grandparents’ Day
- 23 Jun – Back to SACS
- 29 Jun – Gala Day
- 14 Aug – P&F General Meeting
- 24 Aug – Bledisloe Cup Lunch
- 7 Sep – Junior School and Gawura Spring Breakfast
- 14 Sep – Secondary Spring Breakfast
- 18 Sep – P&F General Meeting
- 23 Oct – P&F General Meeting
- 3 Nov – SACS Fine Wine and Food Show
- 27 Nov – P&F Annual General Meeting
Members of the P&F meet regularly during the school year and everyone is encouraged to attend. Discussions are held in relation to building and strengthening relationships across the school community as well as supporting the Head of School and staff in matters relating to the welfare of students. The purpose of the meetings is also to stay informed about educational, welfare and general school developments, and these matters are often presented by SACS staff or special guests.
Our meetings are held on Tuesday nights and will commence at 6.30pm in the Library foyer. Everyone is encouraged to come when they can.
Please see agendas and minutes of meetings at the bottom of the page.
Year group functions
The P&F also supports year group functions organised by Parent Convenors. These gatherings provide opportunities for parents to meet informally, to develop friendships and to link with other families. This is vital in a School that draws students from over 200 Sydney postcodes.
As a fundraising entity, the P&F has recently raised funds for a school bus, portable stage, skid-steer for Kirrikee, audio-visual equipment and a range of educational items, student welfare initiatives and facilities. All parents are encouraged to pay a small membership fee of $80 to the Association to offset administrative costs.
The work of the P&F relies completely on the input of volunteers drawn from the school community.
Many warm, lifelong friendships are made, not only amongst the students of SACS, but also within the parent community. We welcome you and look forward to getting to know you.
|Ms Alison Massey||President|
|Ms Jules Smith||Vice President|
|Ms Jennifer Gwynne||Vice President|
|Ms Nicole Overton||Treasurer|
|Ms Danelle Denny||Secretary|
|Mr Ross Cameron||Executive|
|Ms Rachel Rashke||Executive|
If you would like to find out more about our activities or support the P&F, please come along to one of our meetings or contact us via email at: P&F@sacs.nsw.edu.au