Other Co-curricular activities
In addition to the drama, dance, music and sport, SACS offers a wide range of co-curricular activities to keep our students actively engaged and developing new skills.
Some of the regular weekly term time activities include:
- Debating: Weekly training is followed by competition against other NSW schools
- Chess: competitive league with one training and one competition session each week
- Media Club: students photograph and film various co-curricular activities and school events over the term.
- Mock Trial: a knock-out competition run by the Law Society of NSW open to Year 11 and 12 students, providing practical experience in the running of a court case.
- Maker Space: Design staff support students as they design, problem-solve and build their own creation.
- Theatresports: This form of improvised comedy sees teams of participants create a short original scene. Teams of three-five students compete in the Theatresports Schools challenge against more than 100 NSW schools. Several SACS teams have made it through to the finals in recent years.
- Curator’s Club: Visual Arts students are invited to develop their curatorial skills by visiting art exhibitions in Sydney and get the chance to curate a number of small shows at SACS.